Monday, April 26, 2010

A Little History... well, not SO little... Part 10

I had a complete and utter fit on the way home. My dreams had been dashed, from one simple statement from this doctor who knew me no more than 10 minutes. Who is he to tell me that I will never change? That I have zero chance of ever getting thin again? Is he freaking kidding me? Who the hell does that man think he is? He didn't even have any labs to go by! At least I got a few more prescriptions for my normal Synthroid. I can always use that, right?

I got very mad.

I got very sad.

I had my pity party.

I swore off doctors saying I lost all that weight before, I can do it again, and I can find herbal remedies or something, I will FIX MYSELF DAMNIT!

Good Lord if my steering wheel could talk...

... and then I got strong.

I decided that I could not give up. My health was on the line here. I have a family that needs me, and needs for me to be around a long, long time.

So I started researching, AGAIN. I started researching other big cities for a good Endo. I have a friend who is a wonderful nurse, so I asked her if she could recommend anyone and she said she would get back to me on that.

On Wednesday, April 21, 2010 I was feeling just fine. Had a very busy day, and didn't eat much at all, but I did mess up by having several pieces of chocolate from the freezer throughout the day. At night, before bed, I started feeling a little nauseous. I brushed it off for a few hours. When I stood up and went to go to bed, I told my husband I was going to go throw up, which is something I never do. I went into the bathroom, and nothing came out but I felt really yucky really fast. I laid down and couldn't lay comfortably, my tummy was upset. I woke up an hour later and had projectile vomiting, as well as water (from the other end, sorry). I have NO idea where that came from! I was fine all day, and the flu begins with several days of achy joints, right?

Needless to say I had a very rough night and by Friday I was still feeling horrid, having to sleep on my hands and knees because laying any other way was painful in my upper abdomen. My husband was getting mad at me because I didn't want to go to the doctor for something stupid like that, and we had a very busy weekend ahead of us. I don't have TIME to be sick much less go to the darn doctor!

Well, when I woke up in a heavy sweat on Saturday morning and I still felt terrible, I took it upon myself to call my husbands family doctor, Dr. P, and go in to satisfy him, and to also see if I could feel better because Saturday was too busy and I couldn't lay in bed all day feeling awful!

SO I show up at Dr. P's office and I end up leaving with a twigs and berries diet, with a side of a wonderful new Peptic Ulcer. Ok, so can anything ELSE happen? Why is this body such a battle! Where in the world did THAT come from!? I am quite frustrated now because everything I do eat, I can't eat. But I was vegetarian years ago, maybe I can go back to that lifestyle. I did like it, but I need to learn it all over again.

My friend (the nurse), called me, and she had asked her ER doctor, and a few other doctors, and they highly recommend Dr. F as an Endo. I immediately called to set an appointment, because I knew it would be quite some time before I could get in with him. 

to be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment