Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 6 Synthroid Update

Well 8 weeks ago, my endo upped my synthroid to 225. In the 8 weeks that I waited to see him, I worked my butt off at the gym, a minimum of 4-5 days a week, sometimes more. I never stepped on the scale, I wanted it to be a surprise to me when I got to his office.

Well I went about a week ago, and only lost 5 lbs. BLAH! 5 lbs in 6 weeks. After all that hard work and eating right? I even went through chocolate withdrawls, on purpose (ugh that sucked!).

Well he said my levels were high but we could lower the dose back to 200 and he insisted I try Meridia. He knew of my hesitation from our last visit, due to dealing with the phentermine. He reassured me that one was dangerous and this one is completely safe. Well I came home with the perscription for 4 months of the 10mg. I took my first one on July 1. Today is 5 days later, and I have minimal side effects (compared to the horrid ones others have) and I have lost 3.5 lbs in 5 days! HOLY COW! No wonder they say this stuff is addicting!

Well, this will really give me the jump start I need for my long term weight loss goal of 87 lbs. I want to thank Dr. F for talking me into this medicine. At least I know I CAN lose weight, even if I need the extra push.

Back to the gym tomorrow. Haven't worked out since July 1, because of the warnings of hypertension and tachycardia with this medicine. But I have been monitoring my pulse at home and daily it is staying right around 72-80, so I feel I am ready to get back in there and simply keep a watch on my pulse while working out.

How exciting!!! Thank You Dr. F!!! That means I have lost a total of 8.5 lbs so far over the past 8 weeks! I'll take it!

to be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment